So you have a goal set in your mind, whether is to lose 20 pounds of fat, or put on 10 pounds in muscle mass, but where do you go from there?? People always say that getting started is the hardest part, and I can 100% attest to that!
The way I got started with my weight loss and fitness journey is by first making small changes to my lifestyle, and taking it one step at a time. You do not want to change your diet and fitness plan 100% all at once, because too much change in too little time is much more likely to result in failure or giving up. Weight loss/ fitness is a lifestyle change, do not rush through it, and do not try to change your lifestyle all at once! Take it slow 😊
This is a picture of me 2 years ago:

I was unhappy, unhealthy, and had no idea how to properly train and treat my body. I was SO camera shy and hated taking photos of myself, and hated going out and dressing myself because I felt like I never looked good in the clothes that I wanted to wear-- not a good way to live!
THIS is a picture of me now:

I am not perfect!! But I am healthier, much more confident, and more knowledgable about my body and my health. I feel so much better and more energized, and have found what I am truly passionate about, and the career path that I want to stick with.
So how did I get started??
Like I said earlier, getting started is the hardest part, and is usually what overwhelms people and inclines them to quit. I cannot tell you how many times before that I attempted to lose weight and failed or gave up! It's all about making SMALL changes and not rushing through it and trying to lose too much weight too quickly.
I did not even start working out until 3 months into my journey! Proper nutrition is 80% of the battle, so before I started really working out and learning about fitness, I focused on learning about nutrition and what is good/ bad for my body. Again, you do not want to dive in all at once!
So now, I'll let you in on a little secret-- SMOOTHIES ARE LIFE!!😍
For one month into my weight loss journey, the only difference I made in my lifestyle was replacing 1-- sometimes 2-- meals a day with a green smoothie! I had been eating so much and so unhealthy, that this alone made me lose about 8-10lbs in my first month.
Green smoothies are SO nutritious and surprisingly fill you up really well! I usually replaced my dinner with these, since dinner was the meal that I personally ate the most/ unhealthiest, where its supposed to be the lightest meal.
There are sooo many great tasting green smoothie recipes, and I won't lie, it was fun trying new things and using different combinations. So, focus on one thing at a time, and do not try to take it too fast. I think replacing one meal with a smoothie is a great way to get started and start learning more about your body and your nutrition.
My favorite smoothie combination is kale, mixed berries, banana, chia seeds, and almond milk. Since mixed berries have such a dominant flavor, you hardly even taste the kale! I'll make a post with some more smoothie recipes and some more detail, but again, we do not want to take it too fast all at once 😊
This journey is as educational as it is physical. So be patient, realize that there will be ups and downs, and fall in love with the process! You will not be motivated 100% of the time. There actually may be more times where you are feeling unmotivated, than you are motivated. But, keep your head up and keep going, because the journey is worth all of the struggle, I promise you that!
The way I got started with my weight loss and fitness journey is by first making small changes to my lifestyle, and taking it one step at a time. You do not want to change your diet and fitness plan 100% all at once, because too much change in too little time is much more likely to result in failure or giving up. Weight loss/ fitness is a lifestyle change, do not rush through it, and do not try to change your lifestyle all at once! Take it slow 😊
This is a picture of me 2 years ago:
I was unhappy, unhealthy, and had no idea how to properly train and treat my body. I was SO camera shy and hated taking photos of myself, and hated going out and dressing myself because I felt like I never looked good in the clothes that I wanted to wear-- not a good way to live!
THIS is a picture of me now:
I am not perfect!! But I am healthier, much more confident, and more knowledgable about my body and my health. I feel so much better and more energized, and have found what I am truly passionate about, and the career path that I want to stick with.
So how did I get started??
Like I said earlier, getting started is the hardest part, and is usually what overwhelms people and inclines them to quit. I cannot tell you how many times before that I attempted to lose weight and failed or gave up! It's all about making SMALL changes and not rushing through it and trying to lose too much weight too quickly.
I did not even start working out until 3 months into my journey! Proper nutrition is 80% of the battle, so before I started really working out and learning about fitness, I focused on learning about nutrition and what is good/ bad for my body. Again, you do not want to dive in all at once!
So now, I'll let you in on a little secret-- SMOOTHIES ARE LIFE!!😍
For one month into my weight loss journey, the only difference I made in my lifestyle was replacing 1-- sometimes 2-- meals a day with a green smoothie! I had been eating so much and so unhealthy, that this alone made me lose about 8-10lbs in my first month.
Green smoothies are SO nutritious and surprisingly fill you up really well! I usually replaced my dinner with these, since dinner was the meal that I personally ate the most/ unhealthiest, where its supposed to be the lightest meal.
There are sooo many great tasting green smoothie recipes, and I won't lie, it was fun trying new things and using different combinations. So, focus on one thing at a time, and do not try to take it too fast. I think replacing one meal with a smoothie is a great way to get started and start learning more about your body and your nutrition.
My favorite smoothie combination is kale, mixed berries, banana, chia seeds, and almond milk. Since mixed berries have such a dominant flavor, you hardly even taste the kale! I'll make a post with some more smoothie recipes and some more detail, but again, we do not want to take it too fast all at once 😊
This journey is as educational as it is physical. So be patient, realize that there will be ups and downs, and fall in love with the process! You will not be motivated 100% of the time. There actually may be more times where you are feeling unmotivated, than you are motivated. But, keep your head up and keep going, because the journey is worth all of the struggle, I promise you that!
Awesome, thanks for the inspiration
ReplyDeleteThanks Pizza Guy!
DeleteI love your story! There are some really good tips in here!
ReplyDeleteThank you :)
DeleteI love your story and you look great! Can't wait to read your other posts.
ReplyDeleteThanks! Keep coming back for more lifestyle tips <3
Delete