Keeping Up With Your Fitness Goals On Vacation

Hi Everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful and relaxing Spring Break this past week!

Between school and working two jobs, I finally had my first day off since New Years Day last week! I went to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina for four days and it was honestly such a great and well needed trip. The weather was still a little chilly but it felt great to be somewhere else and still be by the beach, and have no serious responsibilities for a few days.

This leads me to my main topic... You spend so much time establishing a good workout and diet routine to meet your goals, but how do you keep up with the routine on vacation??

And the truth is, I had 3 full cheat days in a row.

Nobody is perfect, and there will be times when you deviate away from your diet. When you're on vacation, just relax and enjoy yourself. You work hard day in and day out, so take a break every once in a while, because you deserve it!

Do what you can do to keep up with your routine, but do not forget to enjoy yourself.

I did not over stress about how and when I was eating. What matters the most is how you come back from your few day break.

When you come back from your vacation, do not beat yourself up by doing hours of cardio and severely restricting your diet because you had a few cheat days! Simply, pick up where you left off, get back to your routine and come back strong! Your body and your mind deserves a break every once in a while😊

However, I still did what I could to not be completely bad, and I still woke up and worked out in the mornings, and had a couple really good beach workouts!

Here is a short video of one of my beach workouts:


What I did was a full body, high intensity interval training (HIIT) bodyweight workout.

HIIT is an AMAZING way to build some muscle and burn fat at the same time. You perform a specific exercise, with high intensity, for a short period of time, followed by a period of rest, rather than a long moderate-paced exercise. This really gets your heart rate elevated, and forces your body to work even harder than if you are simply jogging, or doing a steady paced exercise.

In the workout above I repeated a lunge-lunge-squat, plank walk with pushups, jump squats, push-up burpees, and plank shoulder taps (not shown in the video). All for 30 seconds each exercise, followed by a 30 second break, repeated for 3 total sets.

SO

When you are on vacation, do what makes you happy!! This is your time off and your time to relax and enjoy yourself. Yes, I got up to workout, but that's because working out makes me feel good! In no way did I try to go out of my way to stay true to my diet, and find healthy options, and THAT IS OKAY! You deserve a break every once in a while, and you deserve to enjoy yourself. When you come home, come back strong and get right back to your goals!

Have an amazing rest of your week💕

Comments

  1. Great advice and an INTENSE beach workout! My beach routine consists of rolling over so I don't burn. :) Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, mine definitely consists of that as well! Thanks for your support :)

      Delete

Post a Comment